Friday, September 11, 2009

#1 - Shortbread Tarts with Cream Filling

If you have not discovered the Joy of Baking website yet, I suggest you do so now.
They have many great recipes!

The deliciousness that I am making today is not from any of my cookbooks, but from that website.
My fiance Mr. GrapeJuice put in a special request for Shortbread Tarts.
He claims this is what lead him to fall in love with me.
:)

These are quite easy to make; it just takes a little time.

SHORTBREAD TARTS:

1 cup (227 grams) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 cup (72 grams) confectioners

(powdered or icing) sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups (210 grams) all purpose flour

2 tablespoons (30 grams) cornstarch or rice flour

1/8 teaspoon salt



CREAM CHEESE FILLING:

1-8-oz. (227 grams) package cream cheese - softened

1-14 ounce (396 grams) can sweetened condensed milk

1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice (freshly squeezed)

Zest of one lemon

1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract

{Mr. GrapeJuice is not a fan of lemon so I leave that part out. You can do what ever you want with the cream cheese!!}


GARNISH:

Any combination of berries (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries) or other fruit such as slices of kiwi.


1 comment:

  1. I was drooling over your recipe. Found you through SITS!!!!!

    I have a TESOL degree, taught for years, and am considering enrolling my twin sons in M preschool. I'd love some compelling reasons written by you on M education to convince me!

    ReplyDelete