Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh Dear

So, I bought everything I needed to make mini pumpkin pies.
But my mother used the canned pumpkin...to make a normal size one...
Boo.
Now, I have to wait until it's gone to make the mini ones.

But!!!!

Yesterday, I made cinnamon-sugar donuts for the family, which was really fun.
All you need is buttermilk biscuits {not the flaky kind}, canola oil, cinnamon-sugar mixture, and a something round to cut holes in the donuts.

Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture {used for 20 donuts & 20 donuts holes}:
3/4 sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon

For my hole cutter, I used the top to a bottle of champagne that had been finished the night before to celebrate. You can really use anything as long as it is deep enough to fit the donut hole.

They super fast and easy to make. My 8 year old brother really enjoyed them!! :)
They will look something like this.

Photo : Flickr {KarenMarleneLarsen}

2 comments: